« Home | Remembering Voyager Estate, Margaret River 2006J: ... » | MOUTH...BADDDDDDD!! Damn damn damn. Have been maki... » | Steph e-mailed to say she'll be visiting Spain thi... » | I always remember my collegue saying "You know you... » | Great Balls of Fire! » | I'm really tiredThere comes a point where one has ... » | The process of applying for post graduate medicine... » | Fees have been paid, date's been booked.Round 2 of... » | We welcomed the new year 10 minutes late, in an em... » | It's the very last 24 hours of 2006, starting 6 mi... »

Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes/smses, I'm so so touched. It makes me reflect on my own behaviour, and I don't think I'm as considerate and thoughful as the friends/ex-schoolmates/ex-collegues that have actually remembered and took the effort to type out a simple message. It really makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Most of the time I can't remember birthdays, or by the time I realise it, I end up sending belated ones. I must make a concerted effort to change that, and be alot more thoughtful and considerate.

What started out as an ordinary day took a turn, when dad whisked mom and I off to see a new development, and after an hour of vewing, made a decision and purchased a unit on the spot. We are moving! I have a room with a balcony! Yay! I can have my very own magic garden complete with the fellas in a corner! And the brother and I have full reign over our own rooms right down to conceptualizing, purchasing furniture and decorating! Fantastic, now I can finally sleep on a gurney :p

Then in the evening, thanks to my bumbling boyfriend, who makes creative magic happen on a daily basis, in true last minute fashion, planned a completely decadent outing. We had some seriously hoity toity food at Saint Julien at the Fullerton Water Boat House. The service was impeccable and the food exceeded both our expectations. Of course quality food and immaculate service doesn't come cheap. We went with a selection from their set menu which went something like this:

1) A starter plate of four samples of their best starters (which was to be eaten in a specific order! Madness). They were Hoakido scallop with caviar, crab (which I can't for the life of me remember what with), salmon on a bed of rocket and lobster with an avocado pate.
2) FOIE GRAS! served with mash potato and a few sprigs of rocket, drizzled with a lovely caramel-y sauce
3) Mushroom broth, and I distinctly heard our waiter say "infused with truffle oil" but I'm not sure, because I've never had truffle in my life and don't know what taste I should be looking out for. The broth was super aerated and fluffy and bursting with oaky mushroom flavour.
4) WAGYU BEEF! We were in bovine heaven. It was DIVINE. Cooked to perfect doneness, and obeyed the law of good steak. 3 cuts and you have your slice.
5) A selection of french cheeses and molten chocolate cake. Their cheese selection was really extensive, and the lovely lady boss took time to explain each one to us (because we only ever eat brie, string cheese and laughing cow triangles) and selected 5 cheeses for us.
6) Coffee/Tea with bluberry bundits and handmade chocolate truffles.

And all this washed down with Rose Moet. Plus we had rain and misty windows! Machiam like Paris like that. It was a amazing dinner. One of the best I've had, honestly.




And as if all that wasn't enough, I was also gifted a brand new Kitchen Aid mixer!!!!!! I have not seen a sexier hunk of metal in a creamy shade of pistachio green! Domestic Goddess-ness awaits! Heh



I would really like to thank the boyfriend for such an amazing birthday dinner celebration. Its been a great birthday. Thank you everyone!

St. Julien is amazing, innit! :) Blessed birthday, sweetheart! May the year ahead be filled with beauty, love and wonder.

Post a Comment